乐优炫彩apppartner with weight management specialists at unc health who can help improve your overall health and well-being through surgical and non-surgical options.
Support to Lose Weight
if you’ve had a hard time losing weight on your own, talk to your doctor. at unc health, you’ll benefit from supportive care that helps you lose weight with healthy habits and lifestyle adjustments. your doctor may recommend:
乐优炫彩appif lifestyle changes aren’t helping you reach your weight goals, talk to your doctor about weight-loss surgery options at unc health.
What Is Weight-Loss Surgery?
If you meet certain qualifications, you may be eligible for weight-loss surgery乐优炫彩app, also known as bariatric surgery. Weight-loss surgery restricts the size of your stomach. This helps you eat slower and makes you feel fuller sooner. Your doctor may recommend:
- Gastric banding (lap band) surgery – An adjustable band that wraps around part of your stomach to limit how much food you eat
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery – A small part of your stomach is used to make a smaller stomach, reducing how much food you need to feel full
- Sleeve gastrectomy surgery – Part of your stomach is removed, leaving a thin tube or “sleeve” to limit food and calorie intake
- Weight-loss surgery revisions – Fixes or repairs the body after previous bariatric surgery procedures
Do I Qualify for Weight-Loss Surgery?
you’ll work with a bariatric team at unc health to determine if you’re a candidate for weight-loss surgery. you may qualify if you:
- Are age 18 to 65
- Have Documentation or provider referrals of unsuccessful weight-loss efforts including diet, exercise, and medical or nonsurgical therapies
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher
- Have a BMI of at least 35, as well as obesity-related conditions such as:
if you’re younger than 18 or older than 65, talk to your doctor about other options that may work for you.
Bariatric Patient Support
乐优炫彩appthroughout your journey, you’ll work with a team that prepares you for what to expect before surgery and how your life will change afterward.
乐优炫彩appyour dietician and surgeon will give you post-surgery meal plans that transition you from liquid food to soft and solid food. after surgery, you’ll have follow-up appointments to help you:
- Check if you need any testing or medical care
- Create your exercise plan
- Monitor your calorie intake and whether you’re eating enough or drinking enough water
- Review your current medications and make adjustments, if needed
乐优炫彩appyou’ll also have access to support groups where you’ll receive encouragement and tips from others who’ve also gone through bariatric surgery.
Maintaining Your Weight
Depending on your unique health needs, you can rely on our specialists and your primary care provider to help you maintain a healthy weight, lose weight, or gain weight — so you can be the healthiest version of yourself.