乐优炫彩apptrust he skill and expertise of unc health’s board-certified surgeons when you or a loved one need surgery. no matter which unc health hospital or outpatient surgical center you visit for care, you can expect surgical teams to use the latest, most effective techniques, so you reach the best outcome possible.
Preparing for Surgery
乐优炫彩appbefore the day of your surgery, talk with your doctor about everything you and your loved ones may need to know and do to prepare for a successful surgery and recovery. ask your care team:
- What to expect before, during, and after surgery
- If you will need to change your diet or the medications you take
- How the surgery is performed and the potential risks and benefits
- What type of anesthesia (pain control) you’ll receive during the procedure
- If you will need to stay overnight or you can go home the same day, and if someone needs to drive you home
- How you should take care of any surgical incisions, prevent complications like infection, and manage pain
- What follow-up care you may need
Organize Medical Directives
Ensure you have advance directives乐优炫彩app or a living will in case a family member needs to make decisions for you during or after surgery.
What Should I Bring?
on the day of your procedure, bring your photo id, insurance information, medical records, and list of current medications, as well as any other physician orders that many impact your surgery and recovery.
乐优炫彩appanesthesia is a medicine to prevent pain during surgery. your care team chooses the best anesthesia solution for your needs. this may include:
if you have questions or concerns about anesthesia, talk with your doctor or surgery team.
find innovative, comprehensive surgical care at unc health hospitals and affiliates. we offer:
- Back and neck surgery
- Ear, nose, and throat surgery
- Eye surgery, including LASIK
- Gastrointestinal surgery, including treatment of gallstones, hernia, and colorectal conditions
- Heart surgery
- Orthopedic surgery, including partial and total joint replacement
- Pediatric surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Surgical oncology, or cancer surgery
- Transplants, including liver, lung, kidney, and heart donations and transplants
- Trauma or emergency surgery
- Urologic surgery
- Vascular surgery, including vein treatments
- Weight-loss surgery
you and your doctor will work together to find the most appropriate and least invasive way to treat your condition. if possible, that may include robotic surgery, also known as minimally invasive surgery.
乐优炫彩appminimally invasive surgery uses computer-assisted navigation and robotic tools to make precise movements during surgery. you’ll benefit from:
- Faster recovery and shorter hospital stay
- Less blood loss, pain, and scarring
- Less risk of infection
get the support, medical attention, and specialized care you need to heal as quickly and safely as possible. your postoperative care plan may include:
- Follow-up appointments with your surgeon to make sure your surgical site is healing and you’re feeling better
- Home health services – In-home health services or support
- Nutritional education to eat foods that help boost your body’s ability to heal and your overall well-being
- Rehabilitation services, such as physical or occupational therapy, to help you heal and return to your favorite activities