get compassionate, advanced gastroenterology care at unc health. you’ll benefit from the care of doctors and other professionals focused on restoring and preserving your digestive health.
What Is Gastroenterology?
gastrointestinal (gi) care is medicine focused on the digestive tract, like your stomach and intestines. gastroenterologists are board-certified doctors who specialize in gi services.
乐优炫彩appat unc health, you have access to both adult and pediatric gastroenterologists to treat you and your family.
When to See a Gastroenterologist
乐优炫彩appmake an appointment with a unc health gastroenterologist if you experience:
- Abnormal bowel movements, including diarrhea or changes in consistency, color, or frequency
- Difficulty swallowing
- Frequent heartburn
- Frequent stomach pain or bloating
- Loss or drastic change of appetite
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
Digestive Screenings & Tests
if you have symptoms, your doctor may recommend a gi test such as:
- Colonoscopy – Detects abnormalities in your colon
- Endoscopic ultrasound – Uses sound waves to take pictures of your digestive tract
- Esophageal tests – Check the pressure and movement of your esophagus while you swallow
- Video capsule endoscopy – Takes video and photographs of your digestive tract with a small camera in a pill
Conditions We Treat
乐优炫彩appyou’ll work with your doctor to create a treatment plan tailored to your condition. trust our providers to identify and treat:
Digestive Care & Treatment
after your diagnosis, you’ll work with your gastroenterologist for a treatment and care plan. your treatment may include nonsurgical or surgical options to correct your condition.
Your doctor may refer you to other providers, including dietitians or diabetes and endocrinology乐优炫彩app specialists.