UNC Health Care System
乐优炫彩appunc health care is a not-for-profit integrated health care system owned by the state of north carolina and based in chapel hill. originally established nov. 1, 1998, by n.c.g.s. 116-37, unc health care currently comprises unc hospitals and its provider network, the clinical programs of the unc school of medicine, and eleven affiliate hospitals and hospital systems across the state.
UNC Medical Center
UNC Medical Center, also known as UNC Hospitals, is a public academic medical center first established in 1952 under the name N.C. Memorial to provide patient care, educate health care professionals and advance medical research in partnership with the UNC School of Medicine. With more than 950 beds, the medical center in Chapel Hill comprises N.C. Memorial Hospital, N.C. Children’s Hospital, N.C. Neurosciences Hospital and N.C. Women’s Hospital.
- N.C. Memorial Hospital: First opened in 1952, N.C. Memorial Hospital in Chapel Hill is a public academic medical center operated by and for the people of North Carolina in partnership with the UNC School of Medicine. The only state-owned teaching hospital in North Carolina, N.C. Memorial Hospital offers care to patients from every county and from several neighboring states.
- N.C. Neurosciences Hospital: The N.C. Neurosciences Hospital is designed to provide advanced patient- and family-friendly facilities and to accommodate the rapid changes occurring in the field of neuroscience. Opened in 1995 and located in Chapel Hill, N.C. Neurosciences offers psychiatry services, research laboratories, and inpatient and outpatient clinics for neurology, neurosurgery and otolaryngology.
- N.C. Women's Hospital: Since it first opened in 2001, the N.C Women’s Hospital has offered a full range of health care services designed to meet women’s needs throughout their lives. In addition to general obstetric and gynecological services that include full screening and preventive care for women throughout their lives, N.C. Women’s also offers fertility services, gynecologic oncology, family planning, and a wide range of educational and community outreach programs.
- N.C. Children’s Hospital: Dedicated in 2001, N.C. Children’s offers 150 inpatient beds and a comprehensive children’s outpatient center. Located in Chapel Hill, N.C. Children’s is a major referral center for children with complex conditions, and every year provides specialty care to more than 70,000 children from all 100 North Carolina counties.
- N.C. Cancer Hospital: Opened in 2009 and located in Chapel Hill, the N.C. Cancer Hospital is the clinical home of the . The state’s only public cancer hospital, the N.C. Cancer Hospital treats patients from every county in North Carolina, with more than 135,000 patient visits a year.
- Hillsborough Campus: UNC Health Care now has a new 86-bed . The new facility offers an emergency department, outpatient surgery and a range of inpatient services to our patients in Alamance and Western Orange counties. The Hillsborough Medical Office Building is currently open, providing services such as dermatology & skin cancer care, women's care, pelvic health and urology services.
UNC Faculty Physicians
UNC Faculty Physicians is the clinical service component of the UNC School of Medicine. Previously known as UNC Physicians and Associates, the name was changed in 2012 to UNC Faculty Physicians to better reflect the academic focus of the School of Medicine clinical faculty. With more than 1,700 faculty physicians, UNC Faculty Physicians provide a full range of specialty and primary care services for patients at the UNC Medical Center and at a growing number of clinics across the state.
UNC School of Medicine
First established in 1879 and expanded to a four-year program in 1952, the has a long tradition as one of the nation’s leading medical schools. The School of Medicine is currently ranked 1st in primary care and 23rd in research by U.S. News and World Report. The school’s 1,700 faculty members provide clinical services in the inpatient units at UNC Hospitals and the outpatient clinics on UNC campus while training the next generation of health care professionals. The school has campuses in , and as well.
UNC REX Healthcare
UNC REX Healthcare is a not-for-profit private health care organization that joined UNC Health Care in 2000. In addition to a 660-bed facility in Raleigh, UNC REX also offers a range of health care services at locations across Wake County. These include five wellness centers, six suburban campuses, freestanding outpatient diagnostic urgent care and surgery centers, and two skilled nursing facilities focusing on rehabilitation and long-term nursing care.
Chatham Hospital joined UNC Health Care in 2008 to provide the residents of Chatham County with access to the advanced health care offered by UNC Health Care in a community hospital environment. 乐优炫彩appThe 25-bed facility in Siler City serves over 14,000 patients a year.
based in smithfield, provides health care services for patients across johnston county. johnston’s network includes a 199-bed acute care facility located in smithfield and a newly-expanded, full-service 50-bed hospital in clayton to help serve the fast-growing communities of northern and western johnston county.
乐优炫彩app joined unc health care in 2012. the not-for-profit community hospital located in hendersonville offers a 222-bed acute care facility and a range of services at locations throughout henderson county. these include a rehab & wellness center, a health education center, urgent care and a comprehensive physicians practice network.
in lenoir is a private, not-for-profit community hospital, with a 110-bed acute care facility and a provider network of more than 50 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced practice professionals. caldwell joined unc health care in 2013.
Nash UNC Health Care
乐优炫彩app, based in rocky mount, joined the unc health care system in 2014. with 403-beds across five locations, including nash general hospital, nash day hospital, the bryant t. aldridge rehabilitation center, community hospital and coastal plain hospital, nash serves nash, edgecombe, halifax and wilson counties.
Wayne UNC Health Care
乐优炫彩app is a 316-bed community, not-for-profit hospital, which has been serving residents in wayne county and surrounding areas for 120 years. with 1,700 employees and more than 150 physicians, our mission is to provide quality healthcare services through the compassionate hands of well-trained staff in a technologically advanced, cost-effective manner.
UNC Lenoir Health Care
乐优炫彩app, licensed for 261 beds, is a not-for-profit hospital dedicated to the community it serves by offering quality inpatient, outpatient and preventive healthcare services that are close to home. in addition to general medical, surgical, and obstetrical and gynecological care, unc lenoir health care offers specialized services including cardiology, pulmonology, oncology, radiology and urology. with a medical staff of over 100 physicians, unc lenoir health care offers a range of specialty services and technology one would only expect to find at hospitals in larger cities.
UNC Rockingham Health Care
is a not-for-profit, 108-bed community hospital in Eden, NC. Formerly known as Morehead Memorial Hospital, UNC Rockingham has a long history in the community as a major employer, serving people throughout Rockingham County and in neighboring Southern Virginia areas. In addition to inpatient, outpatient, surgical and emergency care, UNC Rockingham offers diagnostic and treatment services, provide screenings and tests and lead wellness initiatives. They continue their legacy of excellent, compassionate and trusted care where it is needed most: close to home.
Onslow Memorial Hospital
, located in Jacksonville, NC, is an acute care hospital with 162 beds, 150 medical providers and approximately 1,100 employees. The hospital partnered with UNC Health Care in 2019 to expand the clinical services it offers to southeast North Carolina, while continuing to provide the family-centered care it has delivered since it was founded in 1944.
UNC Physicians Network
is a regional network of more than 90 practices and over 300 physicians and advanced practice practitioners, delivering a full range of primary care and specialty services in 14 counties throughout north carolina. uncpn is a physician-led network structured to meet the needs of community physicians and the communities they serve by creating a partnership for physicians and unc health care to face the challenging health care environment together.
UNC Health Alliance
UNC Health Alliance
is UNC Health Care’s statewide, physician-led clinically integrated network, and is the primary vehicle created to transform health care delivery and alternative payment models on behalf of more than 5,000 providers, including community-based providers along with those employed by UNC Health Care’s affiliate entities. UNC Health Alliance works closely with payers, employers, and physicians to collaborate across care settings, manage costs and quality, and to provide more opportunities for care access across the state.
UNC Senior Alliance
UNC Senior Alliance
is UNC Health Care’s physician-led Medicare accountable care organization (ACO). An ACO brings together the different component parts of care – primary care, specialists, hospitals, home health care, etc. – and ensures that all care is highly coordinated across the continuum to provide better access to care, better clinical quality, and control costs for their Medicare Fee-for-Service patients. The UNC Senior Alliance network includes community-based providers along with those employed by UNC Health Care’s affiliate entities.